About Me

My photo
I am 21 years young, working a full-time job and trying to make it in life. I hope you have fun reading my blog.

Sunday, June 24, 2012

CRASH

Craig and I had an interesting day yesterday. We went to the train station so that I could get my train ticket to go to my mom's next week. We left there about 1:15pm and decided to just head to Craig's work even though we were leaving an hour early. We decided that we could just hang out for a while until he had to go into work. We were just driving down the road when all of the sudden BOOM!! We were hit.


The guy that hit us was trying to make a u-turn because he missed his turn. He apparently didn't see a HUGE BLACK VAN coming down the road and smacked right into the passenger side. It was a good thing we were in that tank because otherwise we would've had to go to the hospital. Well, the passenger side doors are now unable to be opened. We pulled into a parking lot and called the police. As the police were heading our way, Craig decided to yank open my door to make sure I was okay. Well then the door wouldn't re-close. So now we were stuck with a passenger door that wouldn't close. The police showed up and checked out the cars. The most that happened to Craig and I was our seatbelts scraped against our sunburns. That was the most damage - but it did hurt. Anyway, I rode to Lisa's house in her car while Craig drove the van. I didn't dare sit in the van since the passenger door was being held closed by a bungee cord and chain. We parked the van and took Craig to work in Lisa's car.


Long story short, we wound up staying the night at Lisa's house and this morning worked on bending the frame for the door so we could actually get the door sealed shut so we could lock it. It didn't take us long but we did it and then bungee corded the door handles of the front passenger door and the back door so that the door for sure stayed shut. But now we can at least drive the car without having to worry about the door flying open. However, now if I want to go with Craig somewhere, one of us has to climb through the driver's seat to the passenger side of the car. Needless to say, that's gotten old already. However, we can still drive our car - so that's a major blessing.


The Lord truly takes care of his children!!
"Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the Lord thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee" - Deuteronomy 31:6


This Bible verse is definitely true. And it's really helped me get through this trial in our life.

No comments:

Post a Comment